There are now limited camping opportunities available for visitors within the recreation area. Please see below for further information regarding the camping opportunities available at Chifley Dam. The Chifley Dam Primitive Camping Area has been established on the Northern side of the Dam. The area is accessible from Chifley Dam road.
Bathurst Regional Council takes no responsibility for personal injury or loss or damage to property.
Access gates are opened at 7.30am daily and closed at 6pm during winter and 9pm during daylight savings without exception, gates will not be opened for visitors to enter or exit the area at other times.
– There is a maximum of four (4) camp sites sites which can be occupied at any point in time, only one campervan or caravan may occupy any site while multiple tents may occupy one site as long as the numbers of visitors per site is less than twelve (12).
– Sites cannot be booked in advance or reserved, any unoccupied site may be used;
– Maximum stay is three (3) nights;
– Bathurst Regional Council does not take any responsibility for the availability of camp sites;
– Visitors are not permitted to leave unoccupied caravans, campervans or tents on site for more than 24 hours;
– Minimum distance between sites: Six (6) metres between a caravan/campervan and any other caravan/campervan or tent and three (3) metres between tents;
– Visitors must occupy the sites located within the designated camping area only;
– Take your rubbish with you when you leave or use bins provided;
– Dogs are not permitted (with the exception of assistance animals);
– Fires are not permitted;
– Trail bikes are not permitted.
For general enquiries please phone Bathurst Visitor Information Centre on 02 6332 1444 between 9:00am and 5:00pm daily.