2020 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000
Visitor information for the Great Race.
The 2020 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 is the finale to the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship. The spectacle of the Great Race will be played out on track from October 15 to 18, to determine the winner of the Peter Brock Trophy and will see the championship winner crowned.
The event however, looks a little different this year given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. After extensive planning and consultation with the NSW Government and Bathurst Regional Council, Supercars confirmed that limited ticketing options will be available for fans:
- Up to 4000 spectators with pre-purchased tickets only will be permitted through the gates per day to one of 4 reserved seating areas allocated.
- Seating is available at Murray’s Corner, Pit Straight East, Pit Straight West, or Hell Corner.
- All seats will be spaced in a socially distanced manner to deliver a COVID-Safe event.
- Seats will be allocated on a first-in basis, best available in the area selected. If the area is filled, fans will be allocated into the next best/ available seats.
- Existing ticket holders will be given priority by Supercars.
- Public camping is not available. All same-campsite renewals that had previously been booked will be honoured for the 2021 event.
Road closures will affect the Mount Panorama Racing Circuit from 9 am Saturday 10th October until 2 pm Monday 19th October.