Public Exhibition - Destination Management Plan
The new Bathurst Region Destination Management Plan is now on public exhibition.
In late 2018 Council undertook a review of its existing Destination Management Plan and determined that the major identified actions of this plan had been completed and therefore that it was timely to undertake to develop a new strategic document to guide tourism in the Bathurst region over the next five year period
A consultation and engagement period occurred in May/June 2019 utilising the services of specialist communications company Flagship Communications. Following this consultation period, Council’s tourism staff worked on the development of a new Destination Management Plan. The Plan identifies the current state and projected trends for NSW regional tourism and articulates a clear vision for Bathurst region tourism with defined and measurable actions and outcomes to achieve this vision.
The new Bathurst Region Destination Management Plan has been developed to provide guidance through a time of broad industry change and to ensure that the Bathurst region remains current, competitive and delivers the experiences and opportunities expected by the 21st Century traveller.
The Destination Management Plan aims to:
• Establish the state of tourism in the region now and define where we want to be
• Identify priorities and guide destination management and marketing activities from 2019-2024
• Support industry in determining priorities and accessing funding opportunities
• Provide alignment to the objectives of the regional Destination Network and to NSW State Government priorities
• Support the objectives of Councils 2040 Community Strategic Plan
A copy of the Plan may be downloaded HERE
The document will be on public exhibition until Thursday 14 November 2019. To make a submission visit https://yoursay.bathurst.nsw.gov.au/