What's Open in Bathurst
The Bathurst Region has taken immediate action to respond to the raft of changes announced by the State and Federal Government in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.Travel within NSW will resume from 1 June 2020.
Bathurst Regional Council has currently CLOSED:
- Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre
- Bathurst Library (Online lending services still available)
- Bathurst Regional Art Gallery
- Chifley Home
- Bathurst Rail Museum
- National Motor Racing Museum
- Bathurst Visitor Information Centre (staff still available via phone, email or intercom Monday-Friday)
In addition the following attractions, tours and venues in the Bathurst region are CLOSED as of Wednesday 25 March.
- Abercrombie House
- Bathurst District Historical Society Museum
- Bathurst Explorer Bus
- Jenolan Caves
In accordance with the new restrictions announced by the Federal Government designed to limit social interaction and reduce the likelihood of transmissions occurring, cafes, restaurants and pubs have closed. However many businesses have remained open to offer takeaway and delivery services. A list of all such businesses can be viewed HERE
Council facilities which remain open but with social distancing and/or other restrictions:
- Small Animal Pound – pet adoptions available by appointment only
- Civic Centre – open with appropriate social distancing methods in place and please only visit if you are well
- Bathurst Children’s Services - open with appropriate social distancing and only attend if you are well
- Kelso Community Hub – NSW Health continuing to use for their clinics. Other BRC and third party services suspended
- Aerodrome – open with appropriate social distancing. Regional Express Airlines (REX) has flagged that flights will cease from 6 April
Council’s essential services including water, sewer and waste are priority services and Council will ensure these continue. Other services like building and food inspections will occur when necessary and appropriate.